Follow us on Twitter!
Changing a previous court order to a child custody case is much easier than changing a court order to a divorce. Changing a previous child custody order is as simple as waiting out your states minimum time limit to modify a court order.

Changing a divorce decree can be way more complicated and many times not granted, except for special circumstances.

To change or modify a previous child custody court order you will need to 1) wait out your states minimum waiting period to modify an order 2) make copies of the previous order you wish to modify and highlight areas that need changed 3) get a court date established through the Clerk's Office 4) make copies of the new modification order and the previous order highlighted for the judge and all parties involved 4) have all copies stamped at the clerk's office 5) mail out the parties copies 6)Keep close records between you and the ex until court.

For more information on how to make changes to a previous court order click on the link provided


Leave a Reply.