Follow us on Twitter!
So you are down on your luck...the wife says she's divorcing you and taking the kids. You know this means money, money, money. Money will be needed for a lawyer, a divorce, and possibly child support, and that doesn't even include the money you will need to reestablish your residency! 
    Try doing the court thing by yourself. In some states there is such a thing as divorce for the indigent, or to put it bluntly...the poor. Don't be ashamed to take the help when you really need it. Go into the courthouse in the state you were married and see if there is such a thing as financial assistance to help cover the cost of the divorce, or wait it out and let the ex take care of that expense. Many times though, when an ex files through an attorney that attorney will ask that the courts make the other spouse either pay half or all of the divorce at the final dissolution of marriage hearing. During the arguement portion of the initial hearings is when you can ask the courts to consider your financial situation of needing to start all over.

    Even if your ex takes an attorney in for a divorce you do not need to, nor do you need to agree to everything their attorney suggests. You may argue for yourself, for YOUR best interest.

For more information and more in depth step by step instructions get Unrepresented How to Take Your Ex to Court Without Representation.

Criminal Records are also a matter of public records. If you know, or suspect that an ex or their new partner may have a criminal record and that it may help your case by presenting that record to a judge, then call your local courthouse and ask the Clerk's office for the website on public records.

You may be allowed to visit the courthouse and hop on their computer for public access as well.
For more information on building a case check out: Unrepresented.

Will you keep giving your hard earned money away? Will you continue to pay some attorney to relay to a judge what you want to say? If this is you, there's an attorney born every minute who will take your money to make phone calls, faxes, do some foot work, and state your case to a judge, but can't you do that? Can't you place a call, have an office supply store send a fax, go into a courthouse and grab some forms, have someone stamp them at the courthouse, make copies of those forms for all parties involved, and tell the judge what's bothering you? These steps can save you thousands and thousands of dollars if you have young children and an ex. Unrepresented can show you how to dismiss an attorney and start from the beginning on your case, even if you are in the middle of your case.

For more information and more in depth step by step instructions get How to Take Your Ex to Court Without Representation.

Many times it's not just the ex causing problems after the break-up. In-laws can stick their noses in so deep that it can feel like you are fighting an uphill battle. Want it to stop? 

Are the ex in-laws meddling with unwarranted interference?  Perhaps these in-laws are calling or harassing you, checking up on you, or even going through your child(ren), to get to you, or help your ex build their case?

Stop worrying about those ex in-laws and leave them behind too!

There are many things you can do to stop other ex family member's from interfering, such as, restraining orders, subpoenas, and just plain not answering any more of their calls or questions.

For more information on how to put an end to meddling ex family members see Unrepresented  How to Take Your Ex to Court.

In some states when a parent allows the child to decide whether to go on visits with the non custodial parent, the parent refusing to insist the child goes (usually the custodial parent), can be held in Contempt of Court.
Contempt of Court is easily filed by the parent with the complaint. By refusing to make the child take their visits, the parent refusing is not only hurting the other parent, but the circle of people in the non custodial parent's life, and the child.
A child needs both parent's time and love in order to develope and grow properly.

Check with your states parenting guidelines on the issue of Child Hesitation and check out Unrepresented How to Take your Ex to Court Without Representation for more information